How You Can Help
Join a Committee
These initiatives define the Board of Directors committees. Please contact us if you are interested in joining any of the following committees. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy and Advocacy
- Goal Statement: Work to identify, monitor and respond to policy and health issues related to the mental health needs of infants, young children and their families.
- Establish relationships with community partners, which may include the Connecticut Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics, State Legislator, the Child Advocate, and State Leaders
- Promote paid parental leave and other relevant issues
- Monitor and advocate for ongoing funding for services for infants, young children and their families
Professional Development Advisory
- Goal statement: Partner to advance professional development, higher education curricula, and training opportunities, which will increase knowledge, skills, and capacity of the infant and early childhood workforce, while increasing the Competency Guidelines® that are held by the CT-AIMH, and promoting Endorsement®.
- Continue to offer, support, or sponsor high-quality conferences, training series and forums
- Partner with other training providers to integrate competencies into their current trainings
- Ensure that higher education curricula and other curricula is cross walked with the competencies
Education and Promotion
- Goal Statement: Promote and educate the greater community on the importance of infant mental health and the work of CT-AIMH.
- Develop educational and promotional materials that will reach members and the greater community
- Develop membership communication strategies to support engagement
- Respond to opportunities to represent and promote CT-AIMH
Endorsement Advisory Committee
- This Committee is composed of the initial people to become endorsed in Culturally Sensitive, Relationship-Focused Practice Promoting Infant Mental Health®. The Endorsement Team plans for the advising and reviewing of portfolios and exams that may lead to Endorsement. Please contact us if you have questions for this team.